Title: Director of Hotel Sales
Hometown: Galena, IL
1. How long have you been with Hotel Julien Dubuque? 6 years
2. What path brought you to Hotel Julien Dubuque? Please share a little bit about your professional background and what led you to this industry. I’ve worked in the hospitality industry for 23 years and loved it from the very start. I majored in fashion merchandising in college, but found hospitality to be far more engaging. I began my career in the hospitality industry at Eagle Ridge Resort and Spa. I worked there for 17 years. In 2012, I crossed the river to Hotel Julien Dubuque as their Sales Manager. I recently accepted the position of Director of Hotel Sales in August. I truly enjoy our clientele and being a part of the growth of this extraordinary property.
3. What are you most passionate about professionally? I’m passionate about helping people find success for their events that are important to them by providing the perfect venue and services.
4. What are you passionate about personally? What is your favorite way to spend a free weekend? I love to cook & spend time outdoors walking, bike riding & kayaking.
5. What are some of your favorite things to do in the Dubuque area? Boating on the Mississippi, Saturday mornings at Farmers Market and exploring Mines of Spain.
6. What do you love most about Hotel Julien Dubuque? The beauty, I feel lucky to walk thru the doors of such a beautiful environment everyday.
7. What is your personal motto? What you do everyday matters more that what you do every once in a while.
8. Describe your typical work day. Hotel Julien Dubuque is a bustling hotel and the busiest environment I have ever worked in. My days are full of interaction with new and interesting people. Each day is different and unpredictable.
9. Please share a go-to fun-fact about yourself. I’m a first generation American. My father is from Italy and my mother from Germany – I have been fortunate to be raised with influence of two different cultures.