Meet The Team: Alexis Cabrera
Title: Spa Manager at Potosa Spa
Hometown: Miami, FL
1. How long have you been with Hotel Julien Dubuque?
I have only been here a couple of months. I started on February 20th of this year.
2. What path brought you to Hotel Julien Dubuque? Please share a little bit about your professional background and what led you to this industry?
I have been in the spa industry since 2001. I became a licensed nail technician while I was still in high school and did that as my after school job. I fell in love with the industry and never left. I’ve been a spa manager since 2006 with Red Door Spas and Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa.
My husband and I have wanted to move to Iowa to be closer to his family for years, but we knew we had to wait for the right opportunity. Hotel Julien was the perfect fit. It felt like home the moment I walked through the door.
3. What are you most passionate about professionally?
Guest Service. I absolutely love to make our guests happy! A spa visit is usually the best part of someone’s day and I feel so lucky to be a part of that.
4. What are you passionate about personally? What is your favorite way to spend a free weekend?
My family. I spend every free moment I get with my family. My husband and I have an 11-month-old daughter and a big extended family. We are having so much fun going on adventures and exploring Dubuque.
5. What are some of your favorite things to do in the Dubuque area?
Now that the weather has gotten warmer, we love to go for walks around our neighborhood. We live in Downtown Dubuque and we love seeing the historic houses, old buildings, and the fun locally owned business in the area.
6. What do you love most about Hotel Julien Dubuque?
What I love most about Hotel Julien Dubuque is the amazing team of people that I get to work with every day.
7. What is your personal motto?
My favorite quote is “The key to success is to play the hand you are dealt like it is the hand you wanted”.
8. Describe your typical workday.
I like to spend most of my time at the front desk of the spa. I like to interact with our guests and be a part of the action!
9. What is your favorite service at Potosa Spa and why?
The new Gratitude Ritual and Massage is my favorite service. The service is based on the concept of gratitude. It reminds you to slow down and take a moment to be thankful.
10. Please share a go-to fun-fact about yourself.
My favorite number is 464- it has been as long as I can remember. There is no reason for it at all…I just like the number.