Meet the Team : Andrea Adams
Name: Andrea Adams
Title: Massage Therapist
Hometown: Platteville, Wisconsin
1. How long have you been with Hotel Julien Dubuque?
9 ½ years
2. What path brought you to Hotel Julien Dubuque? Please share a little bit about your professional background and what led you to this industry.
I had a friend who was in the esthetics program at Capri College when I was studying Massage Therapy. She brought me to Potosa Spa.
3. What are you most passionate about professionally?
I am passionate about Naturopathic and Holistic Health. I’m all about the clients overall well being, making their day, and helping them find natural ways to take back their health.
4. What are you passionate about personally? What is your favorite way to spend a free weekend?
Reading and learning anything I can get my hands on – law of attraction, music, breathing deeper, gardening, etc. I usually spend my free weekends in my garden, on my porch, or going to yoga.
5. What are some of your favorite things to do in the Dubuque area?
I really enjoy going to the Farmer’s Market, looking at the scenery of Dubuque, floating at Float ‘n Fly, doing Hot Yoga at B1, going to the massage therapy at Potosa Spa, and also bringing my kids to the public pool.
6. What do you love most about Hotel Julien Dubuque?
Hotel Julien is home to me. I love my work, and I love doing it at Potosa Spa!
7. What is your personal motto?
Surrender and Begin Again
8. Describe your typical work day.
I usually come in, open a treatment room, prepare towels, stock laundry, fill what needs filling, and then provide 4-5 services.
9. What is your favorite service at Potosa Spa and why?
Organic Shea Butter Massage. It includes an exfoliating scrub, hot towels, shea butter, wrap, and then a 60 minute massage.
10. Please share a go-to fun-fact about yourself.
I never run out of energy. It’s rare whenever I do.