Meet The Team: Angela Love
Name: Angela Love
Title: Executive Housekeeper Manager
Hometown: Joliet, IL
1. How long have you been with Hotel Julien Dubuque?
2. What path brought you to Hotel Julien Dubuque? Please share a little bit about your professional background and what led you to this industry?
I’ve been in the hospitality industry for the past 15 years. My career began when I was a licensed cosmetologist. Since I was self-employed I would work the front desk of hotels part-time to help on my taxes. This is when I found my passion for hospitality. The last hotel I work at was Cliffbreakers in Rockford, IL. I was there for 11 years. While there I worked at the front desk, first as a clerk then assistant manager. I also worked there as UPS pilot manager, housekeeping supervisor and eventually manager as well as other positions. That is also where I met the current GM of Hotel Julien Dubuque, Dwight Hopfauf. He reached out to me about the open Executive Housekeeper Manager position here and I couldn’t resist!
3. What are you most passionate about professionally?
I am passionate about hospitality. I think it’s life-changing and more of what the world needs. Our guest feels welcomed when we greet them with a warm smile and kindness. I sincerely want to provide them with an excellent and unforgettable experience. I love the thank yous and the smiles that you get when providing a service that the guests are looking for.
4. What are you passionate about personally? What is your favorite way to spend a free weekend?
I am passionate about spending time with my family as often as I can. My family is very musically inclined and we love to singing, have family talent shows, comedy and karaoke night. I also like to travel, explore new adventures, and writing poems.
5. What are some of your favorite things to do in the Dubuque area?
My spouse Andre and I enjoy going for walks, movies, bowling, and fine dining.
6. What do you love most about Hotel Julien Dubuque?
I love the group of people I work with and it’s a beautiful hotel.
7. What is your personal motto?
I have two. “You may encounter many defeats, but we must not be defeated!” and “Trust in the Lord with all thy heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths”, Proverbs 3:5-6.
8. Describe your typical workday.
My typical day begins with assigning the job board for the day. I then check and ensure all guest rooms, public areas, back of the house areas are clean and well-maintained. Finally, I inspect rooms, prepare staff schedules and work on reports, orders and return phone calls from lost and found items.
9. Please share a go-to fun-fact about yourself.
I am so afraid of heights.