Meet The Team: Becky Stolk
Title: Catering Manager
Hometown: Preston, IA
1. How long have you been with Hotel Julien Dubuque?
I have been with Hotel Julien Dubuque for the past six years.
2. What path brought you to Hotel Julien Dubuque? Please share a little bit about your professional background and what led you to this industry?
I have worked in various positions within the hospitality industry since the age of 16. When I moved to the Dubuque area a few years ago, I knew I wanted to continue my career in the industry. Hotel Julien Dubuque had gone through a renovation a few years prior and I envisioned myself continuing my career there when a position opened up as a Catering Coordinator. Not long after, I was promoted to the Catering Manager.
3. What are you most passionate about professionally?
I’m a people person by nature and I’m passionate about helping others, so it’s a natural fit for me professionally to be in this industry.
4. What are you passionate about personally? What is your favorite way to spend a free weekend?
I love spending time with my family and friends in my free time.
5. What are some of your favorite things to do in the Dubuque area?
There are so many things to do in Dubuque, it’s tough to name just a few. Some things I enjoy the most are dining with friends, listening to live music and being on the river during the summer months.
6. What do you love most about Hotel Julien Dubuque?
I love walking in every morning to a place that holds so much history and beauty.
7. What is your personal motto?
Skip the salad, send me the dessert.
8. Describe your typical workday.
My typical day varies from day to day. Somedays I am behind the computer all day detailing upcoming events and others I am spent in our banquet spaces giving tours or having planning sessions with group leaders.
9. Please share a go-to fun-fact about yourself.
I love to travel! I hope to make it to Hawaii one day.