Meet The Team : Ben Donovan
Name: Ben Donovan
Position: Sous Chef
Hometown: Dubuque, IA
1. How long have you been with Caroline’s Restaurant?
2. Please share a little bit about your background: education, interests, activities?
I was born and raised in Dubuque. I went to Kirkwood Community College for Culinary School. I usually spend my free time with my family, and I enjoy watching NFL football in the fall, going to the shooting range, and taking the kids to do new things.
3. What are some of your favorite things to do in the Dubuque area?
I like hiking, hunting, and taking the kids to the pool or park.
4. What are some of your favorite features on the Caroline’s menu?
The monthly specials. The Salmon Bruschetta is one of my favorites!
5. What do you enjoy most about working at Caroline’s?
The people and atmosphere! I really enjoy working in a hotel setting.
6. Please share a personal motto or quote that you best relate to.
If you’re going to do something, do your best, and do it right the first time.
7. When you’re asked to share something unique about yourself, what go-to fun-fact do you typically respond with?
My Dad’s side of the family is really big — my grandma had 12 children!
8. Is there anything else that you’d like to share?
Getting ready to welcome another baby girl to our family this October, we are all very excited!