Meet The Team : Chase Lopez
Name: Chase Lopez
Position: Front Desk Clerk
Hometown: Born in Sterling IL
1. How long have you been with Hotel Julien Dubuque?
Will be 3 Years in August.
2. Please share a little bit about your background: education, interests, activities?
I am Mexican, Italian, and German. I graduated from the University of Dubuque in December 2020 in Sociology with a minor in Criminal Justice. I love helping people out, being there for others, and turning someone’s bad day into a good one. Some big things that I’m always interested in are plants and animals. I love growing plants and being there for animals or learning about them.
3. What are some of your favorite things to do in the Dubuque area?
I love to go hiking at the Mines of Spain early in the mornings to be one with nature. When I get the chance to go to the River Museum I would go! I love animals and reading about Dubuque as well.
4. What do you enjoy most about working at Hotel Julien Dubuque?
The thing I enjoy the most while working at the Hotel is how close the front desk is with each other and how willing each one of the clerks are to work with each other most of the time. Also, having a great manager who is always willing to work with the front desk if they have school or other jobs.
5. Please share a personal motto or quote that you best relate to.
When you wake up in the morning, you are the only person who can choose to either start the morning off good or start it off bad.
6. When you’re asked to share something unique about yourself, what go-to fun-fact do you typically respond with?
Some unique things about me is I like to write poems, and I lived through a hurricane.
7. Is there anything else that you’d like to share?
No matter how old you are, always make sure you have time to yourself to enjoy life! Also, always keep you head up high and try not to dwell on the past!