Meet The Team : Corey Kruser
Position: Banquet Manager
Hometown: Dubuque, Iowa
1. How long have you been with Hotel Julien Dubuque? 4 months
2. Please share a little bit about your background: education, interests, activities?
I am originally from Dubuque and graduated from Senior High School. After high school, I worked at the Grand River Center as an Assistant Facilities Manager for 17 years. Now I am enjoying my time as the Banquet Manager at Hotel Julien. Things I enjoy doing in my free time include kayaking and watching or going to sporting events!
3.What are some of your favorite things to do in the Dubuque area?
I really enjoy kayaking, going on hikes, swimming, and spending time with my son.
4.What are some of your favorite features on the banquet menu?
Beef Tenderloin with Bourbon Peppercorn Sauce is definitely my favorite!
5. What do you enjoy most about working banquets?
My favorite thing about working banquets is the interactions I get to have with the guests. I also really enjoying working in a face paced environment and in banquets you get to do that.
6. Please share a personal motto or quote that you best relate to.
“The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary” – Vince Lombardi
7. When you’re asked to share something unique about yourself, what go-to fun-fact do you typically respond with?
I am a hobbyist!