Meet The Team: Courtney Mihalakis
Name: Courtney Mihalakis
Title: Spa Manager
Hometown: Durango, Iowa
1. How long have you been with Hotel Julien Dubuque?
2. What path brought you to Hotel Julien Dubuque? Please share a little bit about your professional background and what led you to this industry.
I have always loved the building and while attending Capri College for esthetics, I began my career here as a wellness coordinator.
3. What are you most passionate about professionally?
I am most passionate about giving excellent customer service and building relationships with our guests!
4. What are you passionate about personally? What is your favorite way to spend a free weekend?
My favorite way to spend a free weekend is kayaking, camping, and grilling out with family and friends. My biggest personal passion is our small hobby farm.
5. What are some of your favorite things to do in the Dubuque area?
Trying new restaurants downtown and going to outdoor concerts.
6. What do you love most about Hotel Julien Dubuque?
I love its history, charm, and class.
7. What is your motto?
You only live once.
8. Describe your typical work day.
Enjoying laughs with coworkers, greeting guests, answering phones and emails, placing orders, and completing services.
9. What is your favorite service at Potosa Spa and why?
Our shea butter scrub and massage or our lift and tone facial.
10. Please share a go-to fun fact about yourself.
I ran Dubuque’s first-ever Spirit Halloween store when I was 18.