Meet The Team: Courtney Mihalakis
Name: Courtney Mihalakis
Title: Esthetician/Bridal Coordinator/Wellness Coordinator
Hometown: Dubuque, IA
1. How long have you been with Hotel Julien Dubuque?
2. What path brought you to Hotel Julien Dubuque? Please share a little bit about your professional background and what led you to this industry.
I have always had a passion for doing make-up and I am a beauty product junkie. It was a natural fit for me to go into the spa industry.
3. What are you most passionate about professionally?
I love making my clients feel relaxed in such a fast pace world. Self-care is very important to me.
4. What are you passionate about personally? What is your favorite way to spend a free weekend?
Personally, I’m passionate about my family. Any free time I have is spent with my four kids and house full of pets.
5. What are some of your favorite things to do in the Dubuque area?
One of my favorite things to do in the Dubuque area is taking in the beautiful views on Heritage Trail.
6. What do you love most about Hotel Julien Dubuque?
What I love most about the hotel are my co-worker’s at the spa. They are like family to me.
7. What is your personal motto?
“You only live once.”
8. Describe your typical workday.
My typical workday includes meeting new clients, performing spa services and speaking with co-workers.
9. Tell us about your favorite service at Potosa Spa. And why you like it.
My favorite service at Potosa Spa is the Ultimate Wrap and Bath. This service includes a little bit of everything; a scrub, body wrap, facial, bath, and full body hydration. It doesn’t get any better than that!
10. Please share a go-to fun-fact about yourself.
I have been in the customer service industry of 15 years.