Meet The Team : Emily Montgomery
Title: Front Desk Associate
Hometown: Dubuque, IA
1. How long have you been with Hotel Julien Dubuque?
I have been an employee at the Hotel Julien Dubuque for eight months.
2. What path brought you to Hotel Julien Dubuque? Please share a little bit about your professional background and what led you to this industry?
I was working in retail and needed a change. I applied for multiple positions at the hotel, and when I came in for my interview I was impressed by the friendly staff. That is when I knew this is where I wanted to be.
3. What are you most passionate about professionally?
I am passionate about making others happy and making sure that I provide the best customer service to our guests.
4. What are you passionate about personally? What is your favorite way to spend a free weekend?
I like spending time with my family or friends and just sitting at home reading a good book.
5. What are some of your favorite things to do in the Dubuque area?
I enjoy going to the Fenlon Place Elevator and going to the arboretum in the fall to see the leaves change color.
6. What do you love most about Hotel Julien Dubuque?
I love the friendly atmosphere our guests and employees provide.
7. What is your personal motto?
Omnia Paratus or “Alway Ready”.
8. Describe your typical workday.
On a typical workday, I will answer phone calls, make reservations, give guest directions, and check guests in and out.
9. Please share a go-to fun-fact about yourself.
I am really good at Harry Potter trivia.
10. Is there anything else that you’d like to share?
I lived in Bowling Green, Kentucky about a year ago.