Meet The Team: Jenn Halter
Title: Lead Server at Caroline’s Restaurant
Hometown: San Bernardino, CA
1. How long have you been with Hotel Julien Dubuque?
I have been with Hotel Julien Dubuque/Caroline’s Restaurant for almost two years.
2. What path brought you to Hotel Julien Dubuque? Please share a little bit about your professional background and what led you to this industry?
I started in the restaurant industry when I was 15 years old. I fell in love with the industry from the beginning.
3. What are you most passionate about professionally?
I’m most passionate professionally about food and people. I love seeing the look on a guest’s face when they taste our local and farm-fresh menu items.
4. What are you passionate about personally? What is your favorite way to spend a free weekend?
Personally, I am passionate about my family. I love spending my free time with my five-year-old son, CJ.
5. What are some of your favorite things to do in the Dubuque area?
A couple of my favorite things to do in Dubuque are walking along the riverwalk and in the Mines of Spain.
6. What do you love most about Hotel Julien Dubuque?
What I love most about Hotel Julien Dubuque is it feels like home with the family-like atmosphere. I also should add both my brother and sister do work at Caroline’s as well.
7. What is your personal motto?
“Love, peace and chicken grease.”
8. Describe your typical workday.
I typically work evenings. When I come in I check what our nightly feature is, make sure the computers are up and running, we are all set to go on dinner service and fully staffed.
9. What is your favorite entree we serve at Caroline’s and why you like it?
My favorite entree at Caroline’s is the Local Iowa Chop. I love the Hot Pepper Bacon Jam that is smothered on top!
10. Please share a go-to fun-fact about yourself.
I was born and raised in San Bernadino, California. I moved here in 2005 and still am not a fan of the snow.