Meet The Team: Jim Rucker
Title: Licensed Massage Therapist
Hometown: Dubuque, IA
1.How long have you been with Hotel Julien Dubuque?
About 9 months
2. What path brought you to Hotel Julien Dubuque? Please share a little bit about your professional background and what led you to this industry.
I got into massage therapy because I needed a new direction in my life, and so the journey continues. After 20 years away from my hometown, I moved back to Dubuque, discovered Potosa, fell in love with it, and so here I am.
3. What are you most passionate about professionally?
I am passionate about providing a healthful and holistic service to the people I work on.
4. What are you passionate about personally? What is your favorite way to spend a free weekend?
I love to ground myself in nature, either in the woods or on the waters in my canoe.
5. What are some of your favorite things to do in the Dubuque area?
Visiting historic old shops, fishing, going on walks, and the occasional trip to the casino.
6. What do you love most about Hotel Julien Dubuque?
The historical atmosphere.
7. What is your personal motto?
Motion is life, stagnation is death. Always keep moving forward.
8. Describe your typical work day.
There is usually nothing typical in the work day of a massage therapist.
9. What is your favorite service at Potosa Spa and why?
I really couldn’t pick a specific service. All provide a healthy benefit(s) in some way.