Meet the Team : Jody Thoma
Title: Beverage Manager
Hometown: Belmont, WI
1.How long have you been with Hotel Julien Dubuque? Almost 6 months
2. What path brought you to Hotel Julien Dubuque? Please share a little bit about your professional background and what led you to this industry.
I had previously worked in the beverage industry for many years as well as in the hospitality industry. I have an extensive customer service background as well. When the opportunity arose I realized I could not pass it up to combine the knowledge I have with what I enjoy most.
3. What are you most passionate about professionally?
I am professionally most passionate about giving our guests the best possible experience. A place they can unwind whether on vacation or finishing a meeting.
4. What are you passionate about personally?
I am most passionate about personal growth. Each and everyday there is so much opportunity to learn whether intentionally learning something new or by what life brings our way. There is always so much room for growth and I look for that opportunity.
5. What is your favorite way to spend a free weekend?
I really like to spend time kayaking on the weekend. It is a great way to unwind and reset for the week ahead.
6. What are some of your favorite things to do in the Dubuque area?
I really enjoy checking out all of the new shops and boutiques popping up in downtown Dubuque. They are all unique and it is great to see downtown Dubuque thriving.
7. What do you love most about Hotel Julien Dubuque?
I love our team at the Hotel. Everyone from day one has been incredible and so helpful. We all work really well together and support each other wherever it is needed.
8. What is your personal motto?
“Have a plan and trust the process. Don’t give up if it does not work, change your strategy. “
9. Describe your typical work day.
Everyday is different for me. I may be focused on an event, or the Riverboat Lounge, working on drink menus, studying the latest trends in the beverage industries, or even looking for our next acoustic act we are having perform. No day is the same, but everyday I am happy to have the opportunity to work here.
10. What is your favorite cocktail we serve at Riverboat Lounge and why you like it?
The White Chocolate Mint Martini is my favorite. Why? Chocolate and a martini in one, you cannot go wrong!
11. Please share a go-to fun-fact about yourself.
I am from Wisconsin and coming here quickly learned in Iowa an Old Fashioned is made entirely different!