Meet The Team : Joe Ogelsby
Title: Banquet Captain
Hometown: Dubuque, IA
1. How long have you been with Hotel Julien Dubuque?
I have currently been with the Hotel Julien Dubuque for 4 months. I previously worked here from 1994- 1996.
2. What path brought you to Hotel Julien Dubuque? Please share a little bit about your professional background and what led you to this industry?
I have about 30 years of experience in the food and beverage industry.
3. What are you most passionate about professionally?
I have a passion to serve the public. I get the satisfaction of knowing that I gave a 100% effort which leads to the great guest experience.
4. What are you passionate about personally? What is your favorite way to spend a free weekend?
When I have a free weekend, I enjoy watching movies, listening to music, and spending time with my two children. My children astonish me every day.
5. What are some of your favorite things to do in the Dubuque area?
My favorite things to do in Dubuque are outdoor events during the summertime, such as concerts, walking on the riverwalk, kayaking, grilling, and dining at local restaurants.
6. What do you love most about Hotel Julien Dubuque?
The history and background of the Hotel Julien Dubuque are astonishing and quite interesting. I also do love my co-workers and they are great at what they do.
7. What is your personal motto?
“Live each day as if it were your last” or “Do it right the first time, so you don’t have to do it again.”
8. Describe your typical workday.
My typical day is viewed as managing the other banquet staff trying to make sure that everything is complete while not overlooking any detail.
9. Please share a go-to fun-fact about yourself.
I am very quick-witted and sarcastic. I am a huge fan of the Star Wars films. Lastly, I have never had an illness.