Meet The Team : John Hertz
Title: Front Desk Shift Lead
Hometown: Warrenville, IL
1. How long have you been with Hotel Julien Dubuque?
I have been with Hotel Julien Dubuque for over two years.
2. What path brought you to Hotel Julien Dubuque? Please share a little bit about your professional background and what led you to this industry?
I’ve had a family member and a few college friends work at the Hotel Julien Dubuque. They recommended I apply for a position at the Front Desk.
3. What are you most passionate about professionally?
I am currently in college for business administration and I have a strong passion for marketing and human resources.
4. What are you passionate about personally? What is your favorite way to spend a free weekend?
I enjoy watching and playing most sports, reading history books, and spending time with my wife.
5. What are some of your favorite things to do in the Dubuque area?
The restaurants in Dubuque are amazing. It’s fun to visit them with friends and family. Also, I really enjoy catching a Dubuque Fighting Saints hockey game.
6. What do you love most about Hotel Julien Dubuque?
I really love the atmosphere of the Hotel Julien Dubuque. All the employees are really caring and plenty of them have turned into great friends.
7. What is your personal motto?
“Don’t get so busy making a living that you forgot to make a life.”
8. Describe your typical workday.
My typical day includes checking in guests, answering phone calls, and making sure that every guest’s request is met with satisfaction.
9. Please share a go-to fun-fact about yourself.
I played competitive baseball for 14 years.
10. Is there anything else that you’d like to share?
I am currently in college and will graduate with a bachelor’s degree in business administration, biblical theology, and an associates’ degree in K-12 education and history.