Meet The Team: Lauri Santow
Title: Catering Manager
Hometown: Chicago, Illinois
1. How long have you been with Hotel Julien Dubuque?
It’s almost been a month!
2. What path brought you to Hotel Julien Dubuque? Please share a little bit about your professional background and what led you to this industry.
I have been in the hospitality industry for so many years. Most of my time has been spent on the execution side of the business. Now I have the opportunity to use my food and beverage experience to focus more on the sales and planning aspect.
3. What are you most passionate about professionally?
I am most passionate about working with and for others that share my commitment to providing the highest level of service.
4. What are you passionate about personally?
Personal relationships. My family and friends are the most important thing in the world to me!
5. What are some of your favorite things to do in the Dubuque area?
I like to go to Eagle Point Park.
6. What do you love most about Hotel Julien Dubuque?
The staff is genuinely friendly and the history of the building…especially Caroline’s story.
7. What is your personal motto?
Be honest, be kind and be happy!
8. Describe your typical work day.
Nothing “typical” yet…there’s something new everyday!
9. What is your favorite entrée we serve at Caroline’s Restaurant and why you like it?
Pork Tenderloin. It is unique and delicious!
10. Please share a go-to fun-fact about yourself.
I love a psychological thriller.
11. Is there anything else that you’d like to share?