Meet The Team: Maggie Young
Title: Licensed Massage Therapist/Wellness Coordinator Trainer
Hometown: Monona, Iowa
1. How long have you been with Hotel Julien Dubuque?
I started at Potosa Spa three years ago this September.
2. What path brought you to Hotel Julien Dubuque? Please share a little bit about your professional background and what led you to this industry?
At the time I was studying massage therapy at Capri. I was also renting my apartment through our sister company, Fischer Companies. The HR department told me about the open position Wellness Coordinator position. My only other previous job was serving at a pizza joint in my hometown. I figured this would be a great way to get my foot in the door professionally!
3. What are you most passionate about professionally?
My passion professionally lies in helping my clients feel their best and making sure they enjoy their experience here at Potosa Spa.
4. What are you passionate about personally? What is your favorite way to spend a free weekend?
Personally, I am passionate about life and nature. In my free time, I love to explore Dubuque and spend time with my friends and family.
5. What are some of your favorite things to do in the Dubuque area?
I love hiking the Mines of Spain, being by the river, and attending the fun events and festivals throughout the summer here in Dubuque.
6. What do you love most about Hotel Julien Dubuque?
The Hotel Julien Dubuque is like my second home and all of the people here are like my second family. There is so much to offer for not only the guests but employees too!
7. What is your personal motto?
“Life is short, smile while you still have teeth.”
8. Describe your typical workday.
My typical workday at Potosa Spa is spent performing massages and assisting in training new therapists. The rest of my time is spent training new wellness coordinators. I enjoy staying busy!
9. What is your favorite service at Potosa Spa and why?
My current favorite service is the Four Elements massage, it reflects the surroundings of this beautiful city!
10. Please share a go-to fun-fact about yourself.
In high school, I climbed a mountain to take my senior pictures!