Meet The Team: Rebecca Rauen
Name: Rebecca Rauen
Hometown: Epworth, IA
1. How long have you been with Potosa Spa/Hotel Julien Dubuque?
It will be a year in January that I joined the Potosa Spa team.
2. What path brought you to Potosa Spa/Hotel Julien Dubuque? Please share a little bit about your professional background and what led you to this industry?
I have always felt a calling to help others feel better. Being visually impaired drew me to the massage field since I could rely on my other senses to be a great therapist. What led me to Potosa Spa was I loved the atmosphere and feeling of relaxation as soon as you walk through the doors. It felt like the right fit for me.
3. What are you most passionate about professionally?
What I am passionate about professionally is helping others feel better. I love it when a spa guest leaves feeling better than they did when they came in.
4. What are you passionate about personally? What is your favorite way to spend a free weekend?
Personally I am passionate about spending time with my family, especially my fiance and our baby. My favorite way to spend my free time is snuggling with my three-month-old baby and guide dog, Tippet.
5. What are some of your favorite things to do in the Dubuque area?
One of my favorite things to do in the Dubuque area is fishing.
6. What do you love most about Potosa Spa/Hotel Julien Dubuque?
What I love most about Potosa Spa/Hotel Julien Dubuque is the welcoming atmosphere.
7. What is your personal motto?
“Believing is seeing – not seeing is believing.”
8. Describe your typical workday.
My typical workday includes bringing my guide dog Tippet. She gets to be part of the fun. I typically see guests starting early in the day and stay busy until the end of my shift.
9. What is your favorite service at Potosa Spa and why you like it?
My favorite service at Potosa Spa is the Organic Shea Butter Massage. It’s not only relaxing and moisturizing, but fun to do.
10. Please share a go-to fun-fact about yourself.
I am getting married next year!