Meet the Team : Rebecca Williams
Title: Assistant Restaurant Manager
Hometown: Delavan, WI and Sligo, Ireland
1.How long have you been with Hotel Julien Dubuque?
I have been with Hotel Julien Dubuque for just over a year.
2. What path brought you to Hotel Julien Dubuque? Please share a little bit about your professional background and what led you to this industry.
I primarily worked in theater, which typically means simultaneously working in food and beverage. I switched to writing advertising corporately for five years but sincerely missed working with people, so I switched back to hospitality.
3. What are you most passionate about professionally?
I’m most passionate about creating meaningful connections and experiences for guests and employees alike. We spend most of our lives at work, so I’m passionate about making everyday count.
4. What are you passionate about personally? What is your favorite way to spend a free weekend?
I am most passionate about exploring! Traveling and finding out what it means to be alive through all mediums- song, literature, theater, food, wandering, and history- simply finding a connection.
5. What are some of your favorite things to do in the Dubuque area?
Explore! I love learning more than anything, so driving around the bluffs and hitting historical spots brings me joy!
6. What do you love most about Hotel Julien Dubuque?
The history! I love how rich the whole experience is and walking the well-treaded halls.
7. What is your personal motto?
“Let everything happen to you: beauty and terror. Just keep going. No feeling is final.” –Rainer Maira Rilke
8. Describe your typical work day.
That’s the beauty of hospitality- everyday is different!
9. What is your favorite entree we serve at Caroline’s Restaurant and why you like it?
I love variation, so currently it’s the Vietnamese Noodle Bowl! Light but filling, bright and super summery.
10. Please share a go-to fun-fact about yourself.
I grew up in Ireland! I feel very fortunate to have two homes and consider myself a citizen of the world.
11. Is there anything else that you’d like to share?
This is the happiest I’ve ever been in my professional life. If you feel stuck, change it! It’s never too late.