Meet The Team: Sara Tenney
Name: Sara Tenney
Title: Front Office Manager
Hometown: Cedar Falls, IA
1. How long have you been with Hotel Julien Dubuque?
Eight fabulous years!
2. What path brought you to Hotel Julien Dubuque? Please share a little bit about your professional background and what led you to this industry.
I worked at the Julien Inn in Sales several years back! Our focus at that time was to bring additional tourism to Dubuque. I attended many trade shows with the Dubuque Area Chamber of Commerce, Robert’s River Rides and the Dubuque Greyhound Park in a joint effort to bring tourists to our city! These were exciting and formative years for Dubuque tourism! After spending several years at home raising my kids, I saw the hotel remodeled and opened as Hotel Julien Dubuque! I couldn’t help myself! I wanted to return!
3. What are you most passionate about professionally?
Working with wonderful guests, clients and staff!
4. What are you passionate about personally? What is your favorite way to spend a free weekend?
My husband and I have five children, one granddaughter and a sweet little dog too! We enjoy any time we can spend with our children and granddaughter! We like taking day trips, dining out, cooking in, wineries, reading, browsing in book stores, and exploring new places! An adventure away for a few days is always fun too!
5. What are some of your favorite things to do in the Dubuque area?
I love the arts. I attend music events, art shows and theater every chance I get! Dubuque has amazing talent!
6. What do you love most about Hotel Julien Dubuque?
Working in such an elegant, historic building!
7. What is your personal motto?
“The trouble is, you think you have time.”
8. Describe your typical work day.
Part of why I love my job is because I don’t have a “typical work day”! Much of my day is spent making sure we are meeting/exceeding our guest requests. I also work through emails, billing, schedules, invoices, commissions, etc.
9. Please share a go-to fun-fact about yourself.
I am a bit of a dare devil! I like heights and challenge myself any chance I get!
10. Is there anything else that you would like to share?
Come experience Hotel Julien Dubuque! Contact me with your lodging needs! I would be happy to help make your experience one to remember!