Meet The Team : Stephanie Gilligan
Name: Stephanie Gilligan
Hometown: Dubuque, Iowa
1. How long have you been with Hotel Julien Dubuque?
Almost 10 years (Anniversary: August 29th) – Doing esthetics and the front desk here at the spa.
2. What path brought you to Hotel Julien Dubuque? Please share a little bit about your professional background and what led you to this industry.
I graduated from Capri College. Then, I stared working at my sister’s salon and was there for about a year or so. After that, I started working at Potosa a year after they opened.
3.What are you most passionate about professionally?
Making the client happy! People need “me” time, and I want to leave them feeling rejuvenated, relaxed, and calm as well as give them a treatment like they’ve never had before!
4.What are you passionate about personally? What is your favorite way to spend a free
I love spending the weekend at the Farmer’s Market, getting to be a vendor with a close friend of mine where we sell our home-made soaps, body scrubs, bath salts, and sprays! Sunday dinners are always a must with my family, too!
5. What are some of your favorite things to do in the Dubuque area?
Again, the Farmer’s Market! Also, going to the shops down on the 3rd and 4th street area, and hanging out with my friends and family.
6. What do you love most about Hotel Julien Dubuque?
My coworkers! We have a great team at Potosa Spa!
7. Describe your typical work day.
I start the day by getting my treatment room ready and getting prepared for any services I have that day. I make sure everything is stocked, cleaned, and ready to go for the clients.
8. What is your favorite service at Potosa Spa and why?
Definitely the Fountain of Youth Facial. You can notice a difference just after the first one! The hydradermabrasion helps with hydration, circulation, and fine lines.
9. Please share a go-to fun-fact about yourself.
I make home-made soaps and scrubs!