Meet The Team: Taylor McElmeel
Title: Shift Supervisor at Caroline’s Restaurant
Hometown: Dubuque, IA
1. How long have you been with Hotel Julien Dubuque?
I have been with Hotel Julien Dubuque/Caroline’s Restaurant for the past year.
2. What path brought you to Hotel Julien Dubuque? Please share a little bit about your professional background and what led you to this industry?
I have always worked in the restaurant industry and chose Caroline’s for their reputation of having a great work environment. I was also in the retail industry where I gained experience as a manager. With my experiences in both the retail and restaurant industries, I knew I would enjoy supervising a restaurant.
3. What are you most passionate about professionally?
I try very hard to make sure things are fair between employees so everyone not just works together, but gets along. I also enjoy making sure our guests enjoy their time at Caroline’s Restaurant.
4. What are you passionate about personally? What is your favorite way to spend a free weekend?
I try to spend as much time with my family and friends as I can. I also enjoy relaxing with my dog or painting when I get the chance.
5. What are some of your favorite things to do in the Dubuque area?
I like to hike in the Mines of Spain or take a ride on the 4th Street Elevator.
6. What do you love most about Hotel Julien Dubuque?
I love all the history Hotel Julien Dubuque has to offer.
7. What is your personal motto?
Good things take time.
8. Describe your typical workday.
My typical workday starts out with greeting everyone. I then make sure we are set-up for the day, work on things that need to be done and help other employees with whatever they may need.
9. What is your favorite entree we serve at Caroline’s and why you like it?
I love the Lemon Tart because of the caramelized sugar and macerated berries.
10. Please share a go-to fun-fact about yourself.
I play volleyball for fun with some friends and family members every week.