Meet The Team : Thomas Jarvis
Title: Host at Caroline’s Restaurant
Hometown: Highland, CA
1. How long have you been with Hotel Julien Dubuque?
I have been at Caroline’s Restaurant/Hotel Julien Dubuque for the past two years.
2. What path brought you to Hotel Julien Dubuque? Please share a little bit about your professional background and what led you to this industry?
I really enjoy the hospitality industry. My two sisters, Jamie and Jen who also work at Caroline’s, recommended this position to me when it became available. Given my past experience in the food industry and love for hospitality, it was a natural fit.
3. What are you most passionate about professionally?
Professionally, I have a passion for helping people and being kind to others.
4. What are you passionate about personally? What is your favorite way to spend a free weekend?
Personally, I’m passionate about spending time with my family. On my days off, I enjoy watching movies, and fishing.
5. What are some of your favorite things to do in the Dubuque area?
I love to fish in the Dubuque area.
6. What do you love most about Hotel Julien Dubuque?
The history of the hotel is amazing and I really enjoy the people that I work with.
7. What is your personal motto?
“We are all a work in process.”
8. Describe your typical workday.
I spend the day seating guest, cleaning tables, answering phone calls, taking reservations, and take up room service orders.
9. Please share a go-to fun-fact about yourself.
I recently just got engaged.
10. What is your favorite menu selection at Caroline’s?
My favorite dish is the Julien Club because it is a great tasting sandwich.