Name: Abby Palmer
Title: Marketing Manager
Hometown: Dyersville, Iowa
1. How long have you been with Hotel Julien Dubuque?
2. What path brought you to Hotel Julien Dubuque? Please share a little bit about your professional background and what led you to this industry.
Well, I graduated from the University of Northern Iowa this past May in Marketing and Advertising. Once I graduated, I started looking for full-time employment in the Dubuque Area involving Marketing. I’ve always known about Hotel Julien because of my spa getaways with my mom, sister, and niece, so I thought it would be a cool place to apply to, especially since they had a Marketing Manager position open. So far, it’s been a great opportunity for me and has really been expanding my knowledge of Marketing within the hospitality industry.
3.What are you most passionate about professionally?
Professionally, I am passionate about being behind the scenes of projects whether that be an ad piece, a new menu, or anything else I deal with in my job. It’s really fun and gives me a sense of accomplishment seeing a project go through each stage and then finally be put out there for people to see or use.
4. What are you passionate about personally? What is your favorite way to spend a free weekend?
I would say I am passionate about living my life to the fullest. That being said, I usually spend a free weekend doing everything I can whether that be going to concerts, going out to get food and drinks with friends, checking out the events going around the area, or even binge-watching the occasional Netflix series.
5. What are some of your favorite things to do in the Dubuque area?
I really like going out to eat and trying new restaurants. I am a sucker for good deals on drinks and food!
6. What do you love most about Hotel Julien Dubuque?
What I love most about Hotel Julien Dubuque is just how welcoming and friendly the staff is. It didn’t take me very long to feel like I was a part of the family here.
7.What is your personal motto?
You are the only one who controls your happiness.
8. Describe your typical work day.
Each day for me is usually different. However, I typically start my day by responding to emails, then updating all of the social media accounts, and then working on advertising projects or in-house pieces to promote our hotel, spa, restaurant, and lounge.
9. Please share a go-to fun-fact about yourself.
I have a twin brother!